Nigel joined Recolight as Chief Executive and Company Secretary in 2009
A passionate environmentalist, Nigel has championed action on both the circular economy and the climate crisis within the lighting and WEEE sectors:
- Chair of the UK's WEEE compliance scheme trade association, the WEEE Scheme Forum (WSF) since 2011, and a director of WSF Ltd since 2013.
- Active member of the Joint Trade Association (JTA) which works with producer trade associations including the LIA, to obtain a fair UK WEEE system. Supported the JTA in the preparation of the successful proposal to operate the WEEE compliance fee in 2014 - 2020.
- Founder director of EucoLight, the European Trade Association for lighting WEEE compliance schemes, and was elected EucoLight Vice President for 2017 - 2019.
- Member of two BSI committees for the development of a new remanufacture standard for lighting equipment and the review of WEEE standards.
- A champion of the adoption of circular economy principles in the lighting sector.
Nigel has published over 100 articles on WEEE, lighting and the circular economy over the last five years. He was voted Lux Magazine Person of the year in 2012 and has been named as one the UK’s 100 most influential people in the waste/resources industry for the last five years. He is also a climate activist.